Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Skipping a beat!

She tried to walk away from me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me. Pushing her firmly against the wall I slid my hand over her waist and looked into her eyes. She was trying to avoid looking straight at me, trying to push me away. I went near her, near enough that she could feel my warm breath on her neck. "Do you still love me?" I asked her, expecting an answer I already knew. Suddenly looking in my eyes as if searching its depth she asked "Why would you care!", and tears rolled down her soft, rosy cheeks, like dew drops falling off a rose petal.

Holding her hand I took it up and pressed it against my chest. "Do you feel that? It beats for you and you only. It skips a beat every time you smile, every time you laugh, when you are angry at me or when you cry. Because it cares, I care! And it will beat no more if you aren’t there to care for!"

She wasn't trying to push me away now. She just closed her eyes and cried. Putting my arms around her I hugged her tightly, tight enough for her to feel I will never go away from her, ever. Kissing her on the neck I let her rest in my arms till she stopped crying. With a soft ticklish blow of air in her ear I held her back, kissed her on the cheek and held her chin up. Sliding her hair behind her ear I wiped her wet cheeks and made her eyelids flicker with a soft blow of air on her eyes. She gave a soft smile, and it skipped a beat again.

2 comments:

Dreamy Eyed Gal said...

And whats or who is the 'inspiration' for this one Mr.Takle? ;)

Jay Takle said...

Just like that. I imagined being in a situation like this! :)