Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Real Life Hero.


-->
You taught all that you could to make me and Amruta good swimmers and I know you had big dreams.
I still remember the times you used to give me a Rs.2 bill each time I went for a swim in 2rd Grade, so that I swim at least for that. What a waste I was! :|
I get hungry after every swim even today, thinking about the wait for that Sunday swim session to get over so that you would buy me and Amruta a Frankee at Tibbs.
I want to go on that ride again standing just behind the scooter handle and revving the motionless handle sleeve as you used to speed up.
Its summer here now but I am still waiting for you to bring a big watermelon and I miss the Watermelon Mocktails you used to make.
Will you bring Kababs on Monday or Sankasthi even here and innocently tell mom you forgot about the DAY, while blinking one eyelid, signaling us the situation is under control :D
But at the same time why do you clap your hands and chant the Aarti during Ganapati at Aatya’s house?
I am happy that you trained me to eat everything. “You should be ready to eat anything that won’t kill you if need be and if you want to survive.” is what you said and I do.
I know how much you wanted to pursue engineering but couldn’t because of your love for swimming, but I am happy that I am able to pursue your dream.
You made me study hard for a motorbike and encouraged me to ride one and never bogged me down with safety issues or being overcautious about it, you can't imagine how lucky I feel about that!
I was stunned when you said “You can even play an Electric Guitar now that you play an Acoustic one”, without a hint of sarcasm in it. I was expecting being yelled at :P
I miss the times we used to fight with Aai and Amruta to watch those Sci-Fi movies together. I want to stay awake watching those movies again.
You are my real life hero, I am inspired by your decisions to go off track and explore new avenues, and be ready to face the downs.
I won’t call you the Best Dad in the world, you are my dad and that’s all I need…and really speaking the world is not enough!
Honestly this was something for Father’s Day, but neither of us felt anything special about wishing Fathers Day. “We enjoy every moment together, then why do we need a different day for that?!” is what he said. And I can’t agree more.

4 comments:

S.Wagh said...

thats one gem from you after ages... keep up the good work... "u may not b the best dad, but u r my dad, n its all that matters".. applause!!

Jay Takle said...

Thank you, thank you. Mandal Abhari ahe! :)

Deepti said...

wow! very emotional! Well written!

Jay Takle said...

Hey Deepti thanks.