Monday, July 27, 2009

Something to bring back from India

What should I bring when I come back here,
Asked me a friend who flew to her dears


Bring me those smiles I left tingling back
A jar full of laughs I shared with my pals




Those fights I had with my lovely Sis
That sharing with her of Ice-cream treats







Can you grab some grass on the garden I slept
while gazing at the stars and moon abreast







A handful of tears that dropped rolling down
when I fell off the swing or bursted laughing loud





A kilo of good times with friends in the park
and a litre of cold wind that felt like a spark





Can you bring that feeling of a big family
That makes me miss them like I never did


"These are all but feelings" she said
What else do I need from the land of bliss!


A smile, a cry, a culture to flaunt.
A reason to go back is all I want!

2 comments:

Vishnuvardhanan Vijayakumar said...

Jay, awesome man... I never u write poetry

Jay Takle said...

Haha, sometimes I do. Its totally on my mood :D